1 Cup Rice,(washed and drained)
2 Cups Santan
1 Pandan Leaf, (tied in a Knot)
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Ingredients for Prawn Sambal
10-12 Prawns,(shelled and de-veined)
1 Large Onion,(sliced)
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Sugar
2 Tbsps Tamarind Juice
2-3 Tbsps Cooking Oil
Pound together :-
3 Dried Chillies
2 Fresh Chillies
2 bombay onions
4 cloves garlic
1/2 inch ginger
1 Small Piece Blacan (optional)
1/2-inch piece Lengkuss
Ingredients for Garnishing
2 Hard-Boiled Eggs,(cut in wedges).
2 Tablespoons Ikan Bilis,(deep-fried till crisp).
1/4 Cucumber,(sliced thinly).
1) Wash and clean the rice and put it in a ric cooker. Add the Santan and the Pandan Leaf and bring to the Boil.
2) While the rice is cooking, prepare the Garnishing and Prawn Sambal.
6) For the Sambal, heat oil and fry the onions until slightly brown.
7) Add the pounded ingredients and fry until fragrant. Add slightly fried Prawns and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
Add Sugar, Salt and Tamarind Juice. Allow to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
9) Serve rice with Sambal and other Garnishing.