Creamy, cheesy Macaroni recipe… enjoy it.
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Melt margarine in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese and salt, stirring until cheese melts. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot cheese mixture into egg substitute. Add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
4. Combine cheese sauce and pasta; pour into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.