- 1 pound Brazil nuts
- 1 pound pitted dates
- 3/4 cup candied cherries
- 1 pound candied pineapple
- 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line 2 small loaf pans with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large bowl combine Brazil nuts, dates, cherries and pineapple. Over the fruit and nuts sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine eggs and vanilla; beat until foamy. Pour over fruit mixture and mix well. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.