Every single evening
As I’m lying here in bed
This tiny little prayer
Keeps running through my head.
God bless my Mom and Dad,
And all my family.
Keep them warm and safe from harm
For they’re so close to me.
And God, there is one more thing
I wish that you could do.
Hope you don’t mind me asking,
Bless my computer too.
Now I know that it’s not normal
To bless a mother board,
But listen just a second
While I explain to you ‘My Lord.’
You see, that little metal box
Holds more than odds & ends
Inside those small compartments
Rest so many of my FRIENDS.
I know so much about them
By the kindness that they give
And this little scrap of metal
Takes me in to where they live.
By faith is how I know them
Much the same as you
We share in what life brings us
And from that our friendship grew.
Please, take an extra minute
From your duties up above
To bless those in my address book
That’s filled with so much love!
Wherever else this prayer may reach
To each and every friend,
bless each email Inbox
And the person who hits Send.
When you update your heavenly list
On your own CD-Rom
Remember each who’ve said this prayer
Sent up to God.com.
Looking around I see you, thinking you were the person I knew. You were in my life once, when I felt so sad so blew. Deep down and above, my love shares your love. Looking around I still see you thinking you were the person I knew Our love has grown apart but it has from the start I’m still thinking… you were the person I knew. You took away my fears, and then again you took away my fun. Asking myself what you have done to me, but know you’re my fear and it all has just begun. Thanking God my fear has ended and I’m just now realizing that I didn’t know, the person that I thought I knew.
The one I love with all my might.
The one I’m thinking of tonight.
The one that helps me make things right.
The one I long to kiss goodnight.
The one I dream of when I sleep at night.
The one I think of when I hug my pillow tight.
The one that makes me happy when he comes into my sight.
The one I’m not giving up without putting up a fight.
– To “The One” that changed my life
Guys reveal what’s overrated vs. what’s underrated
It’s not that guys don’t enjoy the romantic aspects of a relationship. It’s just that they enjoy some more than others and you may be surprised by what they prefer.
Overrated: Love letters
Underrated: Romantic texts
If a guy sits down to write you an actual love letter, he’s doing it to impress you. If he sends you a text out of nowhere telling you he’s thinking about you, he’s doing it because he can’t help himself
Eating outside is great. But when given a choice between obtaining their food from an adorable basket or from a flaming grill, guys will always pick the grill.
Overrated: The smell of your perfume
Underrated: The smell of your hair
There’s nothing wrong with the subtle application of the right perfume, but catching a whiff of that clean-yet-flowery girl-hair smell beats any fragrance.
Overrated: Humoring him by watching the game
Underrated: Doing your own thing while he watches the game
If you truly enjoy gorging on hot dogs while watching sports, that’s great. But if you’re doing it solely for his sake, there’s no need to bother — he knows that you’re a girl. And he likes that.
Overrated: Ballroom-dancing lessons
Underrated: Surfing lessons
Most any guy would love being active and learning new things with you. But if he has to worry about his footwork and balance, he’d rather not have to be wearing shimmery shirts while doing it.
Overrated: Bed and breakfasts
Underrated: Any other means of lodging
Breakfast is served from 6:30am to 6:45am, and we get to sit at a communal table with chatty 70-year-olds? How romantic!
Overrated: Valentine’s Day roses
Underrated: Flowers on a random day
V-Day roses require less than no imagination. But surprising you with flowers on a meaningless Tuesday is a sign that he doesn’t need greeting-card companies to tell him when to show you how much he cares.
Overrated: Make-up physical intimacy
Underrated: Not fighting in the first place
He hates arguing with you almost as much as he loves physical intimacy with you. So the make-up isn’t even close to being worth the excruciating pain of the fight that precedes it.
Overrated: Discussing your future house
Underrated: Discussing your future vacation
Contrary to popular belief, single men aren’t afraid to discuss or envision a future together. It’s just that they prefer to focus on certain aspects (relaxing on a beach) rather than others (grouting bathroom tile).
Overrated: Double dates
Underrated: Going to parties together
Double dates are often a little awkward. Seeing an entire party’s worth of guys look jealous when he walks in with you is always totally awesome.
1. “Call us back right away. That ‘three day’ business does not apply. We’re getting older, and we don’t have time to screw around. Wait too long and we’ll lose interest. Trust me on this one.”
2. “We pay closer attention to your hands than you think. It’s bad enough if you don’t have manly hands, but if your nails are longer than ours, forget it.”
3. “Some of us prefer boxing to yoga. None of us actually likes Pilates.”
4. “Women are innately self-conscious. This is not a choice; it’s a genderwide condition. On a bad day, I look in the mirror and see my ten-pound-heavier alter ego. Her name is Bertha. On a really bad day, Bertha sees her two-hundred-pound-heavier alter ego. Her name is Brian Dennehy.”
5. “When considering whether or not to ask out the girl you’re afraid to talk to, keep this in mind: No matter who you are or what you look like, it’s always flattering when you hit on us. Always.”
6. “Supersecret: Unless we’re blind or have no night-light in the bathroom, the whole toilet-seat thing is exaggerated and meant to control you.”
7. “We love the fact that it takes you only twelve minutes to get ready for anything, be it a black tie [event] or a basketball game. When it takes longer than that… what are you doing in there?”
“We are all about our necks. Feel free to spend as much time there as you wish.”
8. “Even if we’ve only been dating a few weeks, don’t introduce us as your lady friend– or that’s exactly what we’ll become.”
9. “If we run into your ex-girlfriend in public, the first thing you should do is put your arm around us. And if we have to introduce ourselves, you are in big trouble.”
10. “We need you to be reachable at all times, but we don’t always pick up our phones when you call. We realize this seems like a double standard; if you’d like to discuss it further, just leave a message.”
11. “We’re afraid of commitment, too. You may think we spend our time scheming ways to trap you into marriage, but many of us are quite happy being independent and autonomous. Besides, we’re not in any rush to quit lusting after young Calvin Klein models.”
12. “Our friends are not your enemies, and our enemies better not be your friends.”